- Products & Supply
- Atmospheric Gases
- Fuel Gases
- Food Freezing
- Food Grade Gases
- Gas Mixtures
- Packaged Chemicals
- Pharmaceutical Solutions
- Welding and Safety Products
- Specialty Gases & Equipment
- Supply Modes
Linde is one of the leading global providers of packaged ethylene oxide (C2H4O), operating multiple package filling plants around the world.
Linde’s packaged ethylene oxide is normally available in cylinders, bundles and drum tanks, both in pure form, and blended - most commonly with carbon dioxide.
Packaged ethylene oxide and blends are used in a range of industries and applications including:
- Chemicals: Etylene oxide is used as an intermediate in the production of other chemicals. This application often needs extremely high volumes, however in cases where lower volumes are needed, Linde can offer appropriate supply solutions.
- Medical: Ethylene oxide is used by the majority of Linde’s customers as a sterilant. There are two major markets for sterilants, medical sterilisation and food sterilisation (nuts, spices etc.). Ethylene oxide gas as a biocidal product kills bacteria, mould, and fungi and can therefore be used to sterilise substances that would be damaged by sterilising techniques such as pasteurisation that rely on heat. Therefore it is widely used to sterilise medical supplies such as bandages, sutures, and surgical implements.
- Pharma & Biotechnology: Used in the production of antibiotics.