- Products and Supply
- CRYOCLEAN Cleaning Solutions
- Electronic Gases and Chemicals
- Food Chilling
- Food Freezing
- Food Grade Gases
- Fuel Gases
- Gas Mixtures
- Packaged Chemicals
- Water Treatment
- Welding and Safety Products
- Specialty Gases & Equipment
- Supply Modes
It is a global issue because these organisms can be found throughout the world, in cities and in the countryside, in a broad range of industries such as agriculture, food processing and international trade, in hotels and hospitals, in public as well as in private buildings. It is complex because they range from microorganisms such as bacteria and moulds to arthropods such as insects and spiders, to certain plants (e.g. weeds) and larger pests such as mice, rats etc.
For centuries, people have thought about effective ways to control and if possible, eliminate pests. Perhaps one of the most innovative and successful methods to do so, is the use of special gases and/or gas mixtures.
In this area of pest control, The Linde Group is playing an important role with its innovative ENVIROSOLS® family of pest control agents, equipment and services. With our global expertise and long experience in gas applications, we can help you keep a broad range of pests under control.
Today Linde offers 3 unique products that have clear benefits for customers:
- STERIGAS™ (EDN): great penetration characteristics, especially in soil and timber
- COSMIC™ (COS): Fast and effective especially against insects in grain
- VAPORMATE™ (ETF+CO2): Eco-friendly product with great effectiveness for fresh produce and manufacturing areas.
All of these new products are substitutes for the universal component Methyl bromide (MBr), which has been the global standard for fumigation. However, this product is now banned in most countries and only exempts for critical applications are allowed.
Our products aim on the following markets:
- Pre-plant: soil treatment (shorter replant times)
- Quarantine and Pre-Shipment (QPS): import / export (safer working environment)
- Post-harvest: fresh products, grain (only natural residues left)
- Non-food: structure, transportation pallets (better efficacy)
Each fumigant is subject to local regulatory approval. Please contact the global fumigants team for details and availability of product for trials or commercial use.